Last Revised: March 21, 2022
When you use our website, whether as a potential independent contractor care provider or as a potential client, we want you to know that we only collect the minimum necessary information to be able to provide you access to our business and the services provided. We take great pains to protect the confidentiality of your private information and we recognize the importance of making sure that we provide a safe, secure, and seamless experience.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information you provide when you create an account, create or edit your profile, upload content or comments, complete a registration, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, subscribe to the Service, pay for or accept payment for services, participate in interactive features of the Service, connect or communicate with us via third party social media sites, send us an email, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us or communicate with other users through the Service. The types of information we may collect in this manner include basic contact information (e.g. name, email address, postal address, zip code, mobile number), location, demographic information, photographs, video, records of and copies of your correspondence if you contact us, credit card and other payment and bank information you provide to us, and details of transactions you carry out through our Service.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Service, we automatically collect information about you, including without limitation:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Service. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this for many reasons, including without limitation to improve services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
- Location Information: The Service may collect information about the location of your device if you provide your consent. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the Service are popular, count visits and track user activity among other things. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) and digital fingerprinting. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Digital fingerprinting technology enables us to identify the devices that you use to access the Service for purposes such as data analytics, delivering targeted content and advertising, and protecting against possible fraudulent transactions.
- Third-Party Contact Info: We may also collect third-party contact information if you permit the Service to import such information or otherwise upload such information for your use within the Service or so that you may invite your contacts to use the Service or participate in other referral services. This information may include, but is not limited to, such third party’s name and basic contact info, as well as Facebook ID. We use this information only as described in this paragraph.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Service. For example, analytics we may collect information about you from other users, identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
If you log into your account through sign-in services, including without limitation Google and Facebook Connect, you provide Broadway Babysitters with permission to access certain information about you from Facebook or such other sign-in service, such as your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, user graph and profile picture.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- provide, maintain and improve the Service;
- provide and deliver the products and services you request, process payments and other transactions, including transactions between users, and send you related information, including without limitation confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Broadway Babysitters and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- authenticate your identity and pre-populate forms;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Service;
- monitor and analyze data, trends, usage and activities in connection with the Service; measure the effectiveness of advertising, content, features and activities, and perform other data analytics;
- personalize and improve the Service and deliver and display targeted advertisements, content or features in the Service and on other sites or apps that match your profiles or interests;
- process and deliver contest and sweepstakes entries and rewards and verify eligibility;
- attempt to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
Broadway Babysitters is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers, such as payment processors, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- with visitors on the website, who will see your profile containing your first name, last initial, age, city, state and photograph, and if you are connected with such other users (either through the Service or through Facebook), who will also see your full contact information (e.g. full name, email, mobile number and/or email address);
- if you choose to make certain information public or available to other users, such as by creating a profile, posting a job, and/or posting information in public or private forums or features in the Service; (e.g. online forums, reviews, comments, blogs, and groups), such information will be available to other users and may be publicly available (depending on the settings or the forum or feature), including search engines and job boards and related services. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law such as to comply with a subpoena, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of Broadway Babysitters, its users, it employees, or others;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- proactively with local, state and federal law enforcement and/or with other web and mobile marketplaces if we believe there is harm to another user, the child(ren) of another user or the general public;
- as may be required or permitted pursuant to any applicable law, rule or regulation or court or administrative order;
- with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Broadway Babysitters’ assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Service and its users is among the assets transferred; and
- otherwise with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Sale of Information
Broadway Babysitters has not sold the information you provide us to third parties in the past twelve months. We currently do not sell your information to third parties.
If you wish to ensure your information is not sold in the future, please email us at [email protected] to notify us of your preference.
Social Sharing Features
The Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, including without limitation the Facebook “Like” button, which let you share actions you take in connection with the Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
If you choose to use our referral service, which is powered by a third party to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Broadway Babysitters stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Broadway Babysitters has implemented reasonable measures in an attempt to help protect and secure your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive information such as financial information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
No data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and Broadway Babysitters does not represent or warrant that your information will be completely secure, including without limitation from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. If you have any questions about security with the Service, you can contact us at [email protected].
You may access, update or correct your profile information at any time by logging into your account. Certain types of information, such as age, cannot be altered without Broadway Babysitters’ assistance. Please contact Broadway Babysitters at [email protected] to change such information. For more information on accessing, updating or correcting your profile information please see the Help Center at https://www.broadwaybabysitters.com/help/. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may do so by visiting your account settings and closing your account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to the above-mentioned requests within a reasonable timeframe. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. If you wish to terminate our access to your Facebook information, then login to Facebook and remove the App and Site from your list of applications.
The Service may include a location feature whereby it will automatically collect your geolocation information if you provide your consent. In such event, the Service will use and share such location to enable users, including without limitation to determine which users in their network are nearby and to determine the location of another user. Broadway Babysitters may also use location information to provide information and advertising to users. IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF YOUR LOCATION INFORMATION, YOU MAY DO SO BY USING THE PRIVACY SETTINGS IN YOUR BROWSER AND/OR ON YOUR DEVICE .
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Service.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Broadway Babysitters to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information about transactions or other non-promotional communications related to your use of or experience with the Service.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Site may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. These third party sites may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website. We hereby expressly disclaim, and you hereby expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, harm, loss and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Service, including without limitation such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
Children Under 13
Use of our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to, on, or through the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through this Service or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: [email protected] so that we can take appropriate action. We may require verification of your identity.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Data
Right to Know
You have the right to know and see the data that Broadway Babysitters has collected about you over the last twelve months, including;
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information has been collected about you;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting your data;
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your data; and
- the specific personal information we have collected about you.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Right to Correct or Delete
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from you and direct our service providers to do the same. In some cases, we cannot delete your personal information without also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Some examples of situations where it may be necessary for us or a third party to retain your personal information include the following;
- when we provide you a good or service;
- when we protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- when we comply with a legal obligation;
- when we resolve disputes;
- when we provide important information to current and former users;
- when we need to fix our system in case of a bug; and
- when we make other internal and lawful uses of information to protect the trust and safety of all users on Broadway Babysitters.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Service users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Service, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service, which are incorporated by reference herein.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected] However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Exercising your Rights
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, please contact us using one of the following methods;
Email: You may email us at [email protected] exercise rights.
Postal Service: You may contact us by mail addressed to Broadway Babysitters, PO Box 456 NY, NY 10031.
Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your Broadway Babysitters account, along with the reason for your request.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (929) 256-3550
Mail: PO Box 456 NY, NY 10031